Tuesday, November 22, 2016

An Attitude of Gratitude

As Thanksgiving approaches I wanted to be sure to write about the things I am grateful for in my life. I've felt extremely overwhelmed lately, both with good things and not so good things. It simply hasn't been easy the past couple months. Mentally, I have been struggling. I've been under a lot of stress. I find motivation hard to come by and its difficult to be positive. I feel like I've been in this constant battle to climb out of this pit of hopelessness. I climb out and fall right back in- repeatedly. I think it's very helpful for me to see the good and to search for the positive things in my life which is why this post is perfect for me right now.

My husband Dallin. I don't know what I would do without my best friend. He is honestly the perfect person for me and complements me so incredibly. Truly a match made in heaven.

The Book of Mormon. Although I have been extremely stressed, this book gives me the strength I need to get through each day.

God. What a comfort it is to know that I have a father in heaven who cares about me so deeply and genuinely. He knows me better than I know myself and believes in me.

Family. Both my family and Dallin's family bring me so much happiness and it's nice to know that they have my best interest in mind.

The little things. Life is better because of all the little things God grants us. How the sun warms my skin when the crisp air of winter sets in. Lovely Christmas lights on homes around town. A comfortable and cozy bed. Laughter. The ability to walk and simply enjoy our breathing living bodies- they are a gift. My favorite canned chili. Pretty skirts on Sunday. Falling asleep every night next to a man that I love... the list could go on and on. These little things that make us smile are my favorite tender mercies from God that let me know he loves me.

There are a million more things that I could list. I am blessed with so much and I really want to strive to be more grateful for my blessings. Maybe I should look into starting a gratitude journal. Is it too soon to start thinking about new years resolutions? I think not, It definitely beneficial to count our blessings and realize just how much we really do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment