Friday, January 6, 2017

Graduation and Moving

Things have settled down for a moment and I finally have the time to sit down and write about the last couple weeks! Its been very busy and stressful but also exiting! We've experienced some big changes in our life and its been great so far

Last week we were finishing up our finals, trying our best to make sure that we passed our classes and that graduation was a go! We somehow made it through that hectic week to Friday. We were supposed to have both of our families at our apartment for dinner before graduation, which was at 8. Mother Nature had something different in mind however and a big winter storm rolled in, covering all of eastern Idaho. It was unbelievable how much snow we got overnight! The roads were horrible and an interstate was closed so a lot of our family couldn't make it. Dallin's parents and his brother Greg came.


It was a cold and snowy graduation but Dallin walked and got his diploma. Afterwards we took a bazillion pictures and then went to G's Dairy for some hot chocolate or ice cream!







The next couple days were spent packing and getting ready for the big move on Monday! We actually did really well getting everything packed and the apartment ready for the move. It was probably the most prepared we've ever been for moving. It was our seventh move so we've definitely had some practice! We rented a u-haul trailer and Dale picked it up with Dallin Monday morning when he brought his pickup.

The move went great and we were out of there pretty quick. It was harder than I thought it would be to leave Rexburg for good. I thought I would be thrilled but part of me was a little sad to be leaving. We made a lot of memories in Rexburg and it will be a chapter in our lives that we will always remember.




We arrived at Dietrich late that afternoon and got everything moved in with the help of Dallin's family and a couple of elders from our ward! It was really nice of them to come out an help us. It didn't take long before everything was moved in.

Its starting to feel more like home little by little. We've spent the last few days organizing and cleaning the house, putting our belongs where we want them and figuring out how we want to decorate. It's been fun living in a house and I still haven't gotten used to it but I know that I will love it!

It's going to take some time to fill the house. Right now we are using my sewing table to eat on and Dallin sits on a cooler! I can't wait until we can build a table and have a real dining room!

No comments:

Post a Comment